Authentic and charming Puglia
This tour is the best way to discover Puglia: enjoy its baroque towns, medieval villages, and excellent cuisine! The authentic residences of this circuit, warm and charming, in a mix of city and countryside, are the ideal setting to discover Puglia for two.
Brindisi, Lecce, Matera
Places of interest
In this tour, culture plays a central role. You will learn about history and art through the architecture of your accommodations, the famous Trulli, the old farmers' houses, or historic buildings in the heart of the old city center. You will also visit the unmissable Matera, the city of stones, which we will not fail to include in your trip (even if in Basilicata!)
The accommodations we offer for this circuit are known for their authenticity: Trulli, historic buildings, or even hotels carved into the rock as in Matera. Their strategic centrality to all the major attractions of Puglia will be ideal for recharging your batteries after a day of discovery.
If you wish, we can also organize activities, experiences, trips and dinners according to your tastes.
Included in the price
Car rental, Accommodation, Breakfast
The three stopovers
In the history and culture of Puglia
Trullo Santangelo is a complex of Trulli with nine cones dating from the 18th century. Its founder, Maestro Altavilla, the first oboe of the New York Metropolitan, had identified a spiritual refuge and a happy oasis immersed in nature in this property. Initially renovated in 1990, it opened the doors to travelers from around the world in 2011, thanks to the contribution of the Elia family. For the fifth generation, Daniele and Sergio are committed today to providing high-quality services. The farm offers five solutions, each adapted to a specific profile of customers, from the double teal to the family apartment. It also has a swimming pool and a restaurant. To highlight: the rooms are Trulli and Lamías (still typical but without a conical roof like the Trulli), authentic and original, with a charming touch.
To see nearby
- Ceglie Messapica (4 km), Ostuni (14 km), Cisternino (20 km), Locorotondo (28 km), Martina Franca (22 km), and Alberobello (37 km). On the coast, it is worth noting Polignano a Mare (55 km), Monopoli (47 km)
- Other interesting places are the zoo of Fasano Safari (38 km) and the caves of Castellana Grotte (50 km).
- From here, it is pretty easy to visit the rest of Puglia: Bari (92 km), Lecce (82 km), and Matera (111 km).
South of Puglia
Palazzo Dei Dondoli is a small boutique hotel set in an old building two steps from the historic center of Lecce. The heart of this charming hotel is its splendid inner courtyard, an oasis of calm within the vibrant Lecce, an ideal place to have a drink after a day of walking in the old center of this beautiful city. Around the courtyard are the rooms (classic, luxury, and apartments) equipped with every comfort. At Palazzo Dei Dondoli, the modern look blends perfectly with tradition to give life to a cozy and contemporary style.
To see nearby
- The sea is only 12 km away (San Cataldo), but the most beautiful beaches are more towards the south, for example to Torre del Orso (27km) or on the other side of the coast in Porto Cesareo (39km).
- Don’t forget to visit the cities of Otranto (47km), Nardò (30km), Specchia (52km), Tricase (53km).
One of the most beautiful towns in southern Italy: Matera
La Corte Vetere is a recently renovated family B&B, where kindness, attention to detail, and hospitality are the characteristics that make your stay memorable. Leave your car and enter the old town of Matera to breathe the smell of coffee in the early morning, with a view of the city. La Corte is peaceful and comfortable; the rooms are spacious and airy with office corners. The patio will be the heart, the starting point of your excursions, and the end of the arrival of your travels to offer you the necessary rest. To highlight: the rooms do not always have a lot of natural light due to their original structure (one could not open windows because they were once "caves"). In the old town of Matera, it is advisable to walk in comfortable shoes.
To see nearby
- Outside the old town, we recommend visiting the rock churches.
- The sea is 50 km away (Metaponto, Marina di Gioiosa, Castellaneta Marina), Altamura and its delicious bread (19 km) curious the ghost town of Craco (56 km).
- At 70/100 km you can visit monuments such as Bari vecchia, Castelmonte or the wonderful Valle d'Itria with its famous villages such as Alberobello, Locorotondo and Cisternino. Naples airport is 260 km, Bari 64 km and Brindisi 145 km.