Puglia family tour
Discover Puglia at a slow pace, enjoy the marvelous beaches, but also its baroque towns and excellent cuisine! A unique traveling tour, off the beaten track of mass tourism, to discover the best of Puglia.
Cisternino (Bari), Alessano (Lecce), Montescaglioso (Matera)
Places of interest
An authentic tour of southern Italy, which includes the main areas of the peninsula (from Valle d'Itria to Salento) and will allow you to go a little further to discover the wonderful city of Matera in Basilicata, UNESCO World Heritage.
By choosing this tour, you will stay in farmhouses, an undeniable advantage to better know the people of Puglia. During a trip, the human factor is essential! We have personally selected the guest houses to make you discover Puglia in a simple and pleasant way. This route guarantees a family atmosphere and a calm pace.
We can organize activities, experiences, trips, and dinners according to your tastes.
Included in the price
Car rental, Accommodation, Breakfast
The three stopovers
In the history and culture of Puglia
For this first stop in Puglia, we invite you to immerse yourself in the history and culture of Puglia thanks to this B&B located literally in a village of Trulli dating back to 1800. The building is in local stone and recently renovated, in total respect of its original features, materials, and furnishings.
The agritourism is a family-run B&B; Francesca and Juan, with their three children, will get you closer to the Apulian culture: local crafts, nature, typical products, history, festivals, customs and traditions. The scenario is a beautiful natural environment characterized by stone walls, Mediterranean vegetation, fruit trees, olive trees, vineyards, cherry tomato extensions, and many animals.
To see nearby
- The Valle d'Itria is undoubtedly one of the most attractive places throughout Puglia. The villages of great interest that you will find are:
- Ostuni (12km), Cisternino (4km) Locorotondo (13km), Martina Franca (14km) and Alberobello (22km).
- On the coast, we will remember Polignano a Mare (42km) and other exciting places, such as the Zoo Safari of Fasano (19km) and the caves of Castellana (34km).
- From here, it is pretty easy to visit the rest of Puglia: Bari (78 km), Lecce (88 km), and Matera (90 km).
- Local store
- Personalized Guides
South of Puglia
This second stage will take you south of Puglia to La Biomasseria Santa Lucia, in the countryside, 3km from the sea. Here we are in the heart of Salento, the heel of Italy, the land of pizzica (traditional Apulian dance) and Baroque Art. The old farmhouse was a hypogeum mill and has become, after its restoration,
The pilgrimage route to the Holy Land passed through here, and the Masseria still preserves intact a church and frescoes in the tower with symbols that testify to this past.
A careful eco-sustainable and conservative restoration, made by Danilo and Luciana, have brought the Masseria to new life and today offers hospitality within the ancient walls in eight well-kept and comfortable rooms (each with a small private terrace).
On the property, you can find a garden of organic vegetables, several educational paths, a gastronomic area (where you can taste the delicacies of the farm), and a lovely pool.
To see nearby
- Lecce the “Florence of the South” (58 Km), Nardó (53 Km), Gallipoli (38 Km), Otranto (44 Km),
- Santa Maria di Leuca (13 km). Canale del Cielo, Piccola Grotta Della Foca Monaca, and the Bosco Tricase Reserve (10 km), Reserve Porto Selvaggio (52 km), Brindisi airport (105 km all by motorway).
One of the most beautiful towns in southern Italy: Matera
Orto di Lucania is an authentic oasis of tranquility near one of the most beautiful towns in southern Italy: Matera, the so-called “City of Stones,” and a World Heritage Site. This agritourism lies in an area of more than 250 hectares with an extensive production of vegetables and fruits, with dried tomatoes the specialty. It has eight apartments, a restaurant, and a lovely swimming pool. It is an ideal place for families, and the restaurant, offering typical and authentic cuisine, is unmissable!!
Cinzia, the owner, and a truly charming woman will welcome you and make you feel at home.
To see nearby
- Only a few kilometers from the accommodation (5 to 10 km), you will find the village of Montescaglioso, the city of Matera, and the nature reserve of Murgia Materana.
- Within a radius of 30/50 km, you will find the Metaponto, a famous coast with Magna Grecia archaeological ruins, and the Ionian coast's beaches, such as Policoro, Nova Siri, or Ginosa Marina, among others.
- At 70/100 km, you can visit monuments such as Bari (the old historical city), Castelmonte, or the wonderful Valle d'Itria with its famous villages such as Alberobello, Locorotondo, and Cisternino. Naples airport is 260 km, Bari 64 km, and Brindisi 145 km.