Authentic Sardinia: natural park and archaeology tour
Nature with harmonious contrasts, cities with ancestral historical and cultural heritage, and the sea with its rugged coastline. Discover the best of Sardinia: its culture, architecture, delicious gastronomy, and hospitality!
Cabras, Alghero, Arzachena, Orosei, Muravera
Places of interest
Crystal clear sea and sandy beaches, virgin nature, magnificent landscapes, exceptional quality of life, history and oldest civilization, millennial traditions, and unique cuisine.
For this Sardinia natural park tour, we have selected accommodations for their authenticity, comfort, and quality services: urban B&B and agritourism. You will not be able to get bored during this tour! But beyond its tourist fame, this island and its inhabitants will charm you with their smiles and hospitality.
The diversity of accommodation and their strategic position will help you discover all the sites of interest in Sardinia. The ideal pace of this stay allows you to combine tranquility, relaxation, and discovery. Andiamo!
We recommend a 15-day auto tour in Sardinia, especially to immerse yourself in nature, take the time to chat with your hosts, and simply enjoy the slow motion of your holiday.
Included in the price
Car rental, Accommodation, Breakfast
The five stopovers
The Cabras area
Aquae Sinis is a charming hotel located in the center of the village of Cabras, in the center-west of Sardinia. The rooms are spread over three 17th-century mansions: Thermae, Mistra, and Pontis. In addition to the main building, which houses the reception, the restaurant, and some rooms, there are two other houses, all beautifully restored in a rustic and authentic style using techniques specific to bio-architecture.
The rooms’ design reflects the fascinating and romantic atmosphere of the past, with a touch of modernity and technology.
Breakfast is served on the terrace of the main building. The SPA is also here, intimate and relaxing, with a whirlpool bath, chromo-therapy showers, sauna, hammam, and relaxation room. Massages and beauty treatments are also available on request.
Couples and families with children will be happy here (one can ask for rooms with a kitchen as well), near the sea, but in the village.
To see nearby
- The Sinis peninsula with its magnificent beaches (Arutas, among others)
- The Roman ruins of Tharros (21 km) and also the early Christian church of San Giovanni Sinis
- The curious village of San Salvatore (12 km)
- Milis (6 km), Seneghe (16 km)
- The Nuragic complex of Su Nuraxi in Barumini (68 km)
- The medieval village of Santu Lussurgiu (26 km), Bosa (52 km), Alghero (97 km), and Orgosolo (100 km).
The city of Alghero
The Country Hotel Vessus is located just outside Alghero, in the heart of 14 hectares of olive trees. It is a charming country hotel (with a swimming pool) whose large green spaces offer a much-appreciated tranquility. Delio and his family’s love of country life led them to restore this old stately home to provide their guests’ attention to detail in each room: keeping the unique charm of the rural houses of yesteryear, adapted to modern requirements.
The warm and friendly assistance of the owners, together with the enjoyable and quiet natural environment, is ideal for rest.
To see nearby
- The village of Alghero is 4km away, famous for the Catalan influence in its architecture and dialect.
- 20 km from the hotel, the Capo Caccia nature reserve and Neptune's cave.
- The nearest beaches are about 10 km away (La Bombarde, Fertilia, Lazzaretto, Maria Pia, Mugoni, Porticciolo, Porto Ferro, etc.)
- The pretty villages of Bosa and Castelsardo are 64 km away.
This rural B&B lies in the exceptional natural environment of Gallura. This area of Sardinia is famous above all for the Costa Smeralda but also for its exuberant nature characterized by particular granite rocks shaped by centuries of wind, giving curious shapes (the famous “elephant” or “the bear”). The B&B is a few kilometers from the town of Arzachena, the true heart of this coast. Caterina, the hostess, is an amiable lady, and her breakfasts are some of the best and most abundant you will be able to taste the whole trip!
To see nearby
- Romazzino, Principe, Petra Manna or Le Celvia, Liscia Ruja, Rena Bianca, Pevero, from Cala Granu, Mannena (almost 3 km long), Cala di Volpe, Capriccioli, Liscia di Vacca.
- Capo d Orso (18km), Palau (14km, from where you can take the ferry to visit the Maddalena Islands), the village of San Pantaleo (12km), Santa Teresa di Gallura and the spectacular Capo Testa (35km).
- Visit archaeological sites such as Albucciu and La Prisgiona and the tombs of the giants Coddu Vecchiu and Li Lolghi.
- It is also advisable to visit the wine cellar of the family that owns the B&B: "Cantine Surrau" 15 minutes away by car, a winery with fascinating contemporary architecture where you can taste a good wine before dinner.
Orosei, a charming and authentic village
Mannois hotel is a “diffuse” facility in Orosei, a charming and authentic village 3 km from the sea. It has been carefully renovated, keeping the old architectural elements: stone walls, hooks, or wooden beams. Friendly owner, Emanuele, will be happy to pick you up from the village, show you the way to the car park, and help you with your luggage (he has an electric car we use for golf!).
To see nearby
- The sea is only 3km away (Marina d'Orosei) and the list of beaches is very long: Osala, Su Barone, Su Petrosu, Cala Liberotto, Sa Curcurica, Cala Ginepro, Biderrosa Natural Park, Berchida and the dunes of Capo Comino.
- We invite you to take the boat trip along the Gulf of Orosei, which will offer stops at the wineries of Bue Marino, Cala Luna, Cala Mariolu, Cala Goloritze (accessible by sea or from the mountain) or at the interior, the Gorroppu Gorges and Tiscali mountain.
The South East of Sardinia
This small Sardinian rural hotel is an old restored Summer Villa. A true oasis of peace and tranquility, overlooking the sea and surrounded by centuries-old olive trees in a typical “Mediterranean scrub” natural park. Elegant and rural at the same time, every detail has been taken care of to perfection. You will find yourself in accommodation that respects the environment, as solar panels power it.
The accommodation features decorative elements drawn from Sardinia’s exceptional range of styles and colors. You can enjoy the fantastic sea view, tranquility, and charm.
To see nearby
- Check out the beach of San Giovanni and Torre Salinas, about 2-3km away.
- It is also worth visiting the center of the small town of Muravera where the local craft shops are located.
- Villasimius is 40km away, Cagliari is about 68km away and the park Archaeological Site of Nora about 100km. Until the SS125 national road towards Baunei can discover the wildest part of the whole island: Ogliastra.