Classic and Baroque Sicily Tour
This Tour will allow you to discover the places of interest of Eastern Sicily, its culture and history, by hosting you in charming Hotels. On the program: gastronomy, discoveries of cities known for their art and architecture.
Giarre (Catania), Realmonte (Agrigento), Ispica (Ragusa)
Places of interest
During this 8-day trip, you will have the chance to see the eastern and central parts of Sicily. Here you will find all the classic tourist attractions such as Mount Etna, also special for its varied landscape, the famous towns of Taormina and Syracuse, and the stunning south-east coast with its fascinating baroque towns of Noto, Ragusa Ibla, Modica, and Scicli. Last but not least Agrigento with its stunning Valley of the Temples.
Stay in elegant small hotels to enjoy relaxation after a day full of new impressions and experiences. The accommodations selected offer tranquillity and comfort, the opportunity to take a refreshing dip in the pool and enjoy the flavors and aromas of a typical delicious Sicilian dinner.
If you wish we can organize activities, experiences, trips and dinners according to your tastes.
Included in the price
Car rental, Accommodation, Breakfast
The three stopovers
The first stopover to explore eastern Sicily begins with a 2 night stay in this charming 4-star hotel, surrounded by a beautiful garden full of exotic plants and citrus trees. It is a fairly small hotel (30 rooms), which has successfully maintained its high ranking in the niche market.
To see nearby
- Catania and the volcano of Mount Etna.
- Acireale and Taormina.
- Piazza Armerina and Villa Romana del Casale (UNESCO World Heritage).
- Caltagirone, famous for its ceramics.
The Valley of the Temples and southern Sicily
The second stopover will lead you a few kilometers from Agrigento in front of the African sea, to Masseria Agnello. This is a lovely boutique hotel sitting on a 19th-century settlement, once the feud of a noble Sicilian family. The restoration of the whole structure has retained the charm of the old-style Sicilian house adding all comforts of modern architecture.
To see nearby
- The Valley of the Temples.
- The lovely Scala dei Turchi, just a few minutes drive from the sea.
- Agrigento is an ideal point of departure to visit natural places of the southern area like Torre Salsa Nature Reserve, one of the most beautiful in Sicily.
- The villages in the Sicani area such as Sant'Angelo Muxaro, in the inland of Agrigento.
- Burgio for its ceramics or Caltabellotta with its amazing view of the south coast and the sea.
For this part of the trip a very special place has been chosen, Torre Marabino. It is an ancient tower dating to the 16th century, nowadays an elegant hotel and at the same time an organic farm that combines the charm and comfort of modernity with the quiet life of the country.
To see nearby
- Noto, Modica, Ragusa Ibla, and Scicli with their jewels of Sicilian Baroque architecture.
- Siracusa and Ortigia.
- The Natural Reserve of Vendicari.