Treasures of Sicily
Historic homes, comfort and good taste, nice cuisine and Sicilian wines, attractive villages, and cities of art, nature, and history.
Ragalna (Catania), Polizzi Generosa, Nubia (Trapani), Modica
Places of interest
This route, which features a selection of particularly fine accommodation facilities, will give you the opportunity to discover fascinating aspects of Sicily, where you can experience the atmosphere of bygone days.
Ancient farmhouses and rural dwellings, which were mainly used by the Sicilian nobility for their agricultural activities, have recently undergone careful conservative restoration which highlights the charm of the ancient buildings while incorporating modern conveniences. Breathtaking scenery and enchanting places provide the setting for a relaxing and enjoyable stay. All the facilities are unique in their kind and characterized by their special hospitality and the quality of their services.
The discovery of typical villages, art and history. Take a hike on Etna, rent a boat to visit the Islands.
Included in the price
Car rental, Accommodation, Breakfast
The four stopovers
The land of Etna
This fascinating journey begins on the slopes of Mount Etna with a wonderful view of Taormina and the Ionian Sea. The lava stone building, the landscape of Mount Etna, often smoking and snow-capped, and the intense blue of the sea give this place an enchanted atmosphere, suspended between heaven and earth, the sea, and the volcano.
To see nearby
- Taormina, rich in history and charm, ideal for those who love not only art but also shopping and nightlife.
- Etna and the spectacular Alcantara River Gorges, with their breathtaking scenery, for the more adventurous.
- Catania with its charming historical center (just a half-hour drive).
- Excursions to almost all the cities of the Ionian coast and the Sicilian hinterland.
- It is also a wonderful place to relax and escape the sometimes hectic modern life.
Rural Sicily, with its myths and ancient traditions.
In the heart of the Sicilian countryside, surrounded by boundless terrain, where the best wheat in Europe has been grown since Roman times, you will stay in a magical place: Masseria Susafa. This place is the result of the dedication of the Rizzuto family, owners and agricultural entrepreneurs who for five generations have been committed to handing down a centuries-old and fascinating farmer culture. Everything here spins around nature and environmental sustainability.
To see nearby
- Madonie villages (Gangi, Petralia Soprana/Sottana, Polizzi Generosa…)
- Cefalù and the northern coast of the island
- The city of Enna, the highest town in Italy
- Piazza Armerina and the Villa Romana del Casale (UNESCO Site)
- Palermo and Monreale
The third leg of this truly special tour has been planned through the southwest of Sicily, in the province of Trapani. Here you will find abundant vineyards, ancient Greek temples and theaters, nature reserves, and unspoiled places. Relais Antiche Saline is a truly unique location, just right in the area of the famous salt pans, facing the amazing view of the Egadi islands. During harvest time (July), you will be surrounded by mountains of white salt and watch live the production system. You will also have the chance to relax by the pool or have a massage or a Jacuzzi dip with the stunning sunsets and lovely Egadi islands in the background. We highly recommend having a walk by night through the lit salt pans (an amazing experience!) and, why not, reach the Trattoria del Sale for dinner.
To see nearby
- Selinunte and Segesta with their Greek temple and theater.
- Scopello and the magnificent Nature Reserve of "Lo Zingaro".
- Trapani, Marsala (windmills and salt pans), and the island of Mothia.
- Excursions to the Salt Pan Nature Reserve
- The unspoiled Egadi islands (Favignana, Levanzo, and Marettimo).
- The medieval town of Erice.
The Baroque and the nature reserves of the South-East
This splendid route through parts of Sicily that are more unusual than you can imagine ends with a very special stopover. You are in the countryside of Modica, a few kilometers from the sea. Here you will be guests in a charming farmhouse built from white stone, a distinctive feature of the local architecture. You will be welcomed in a family atmosphere and looked after by Giuseppina, the very charming owner.
To see nearby
- Noto, Modica, Ragusa Ibla and Scicli with their jewels of baroque architecture.
- Siracusa and Ortigia.
- The Nature Reserve of Vendicari.
- The necropolis of Pantalica and the small lakes of Cava Grande del Cassibile.
- Piazza Armerina and Villa Romana del Casale (UNESCO world heritage).