Sicily in Agritourism
An abundance of local nature. Relaxation, countryside, local cuisine with excellent wines, unique landscapes, lovely walks, culture and traditions, friendly atmosphere.
Castiglione di Sicilia (Catania), S. Giuseppe Jato (Palermo), Marsala, Modica
Places of interest
In this 15-day tour, you will make the whole round of the island, immersed in rural Sicily, with Agritourism as your base each day. You will be spoilt for choice regarding destinations to visit: cities of art and monuments, nature reserves, and wonderful places that fortunately have not yet been inundated by mass tourism.
You will have the opportunity to discover the abundance of the local nature and culture. The accommodation is in personally selected Agritourism facilities, where you will find a friendly, welcoming atmosphere and can taste local produce and the famous Sicilian cuisine.
If you wish we can organize activities, experiences, trips and dinners according to your tastes.
Included in the price
Car rental, Accommodation, Breakfast
The four stopovers
The land of Etna
A few kilometers from the traditional tourist destinations, such as Taormina, nestled in the beautiful valley of the Alcantara river, you will find yourself in an ancient place that is full of charm, with warm, cozy rustic-style interiors, which evoke the fragrances and traditions of former times with taste and refinement.
This location is perfect for those who do not wish to miss out on visits to the most famous places in the area, such as Taormina, Catania, and Mount Etna, but at the same time want to relax away from the chaos of the city.
To see nearby
- Taormina, rich in history and charm, ideal for those who love not only art but also shopping and nightlife
- Etna and the spectacular Alcantara River Gorges, with their breathtaking scenery, for the more adventurous
- Catania with its charming historical center (just a half-hour drive)
- Excursions to almost all the cities of the Ionian coast and the Sicilian hinterland
The province of Palermo
Your second stopover will lead you to the Jato Valley at Masseria La Chiusa, an ancient building in 1470, just 20 km south of Palermo. This is a perfect solution to combine relaxation and discovering the traditional and cultural pathways of feudal Sicily. The Masseria is an expression of rural architecture sober and refined at the same time, a place where the tradition and the wise use of live rock blend with comfortable spaces for guests. Here you will taste very good food, thanks to the rich cuisine offered by the farm in full compliance with the best gastronomic tradition. The farm serves dishes using local raw materials and all fruits come from the surrounding land of 130 hectares, all cultivated under organic management. A unique experience is to actively participate in the farm during the harvest period.
The farmhouse is within a few minutes connected to the most important tourist centers of the province of Palermo.
To see nearby
- Palermo and Monreale with its famous Duomo
- The Archaeological Area Jetas in 1300 BC
- Ficuzza and Corleone, Piana degli Albanesi and Partinico, just a few minutes by car
- Trapani and Erice
- Wine cantines and cheese factories can be reached within a radius of 10 Km
The picturesque landscape of the Nature Reserve of Stagnone di Marsala
The third leg of your tour is going to be on the west coast, in the picturesque scenery of the Stagnone Natural Reserve in Marsala, in an eighteenth-century “Baglio”, a typical rural building that belonged to a noble Sicilian family. The property has been recently restored and is furnished with taste and attention to detail. Antonio and his wife are the heart of this authentic place and very special hosts. Here you can enjoy great cuisine: homemade recipes, simple and refined at the same time, will make you enjoy the rich flavors of the Sicilian tradition. Antonio will give you lots of advice to discover the area.
To see nearby
- Selinunte and Segesta with their Greek temple and theater
- Scopello and the magnificent Nature Reserve of "Lo Zingaro"
- Trapani, Marsala (windmills and salt pans), and the island of Mothia excursions to the Salt Pan Nature Reserve
- The unspoiled Egadi islands (Favignana, Levanzo, and Marettimo)
- The medieval town of Erice
The southeastern area of Sicily
The last leg of this trip is designed for those who love peace and quiet but at the same time are interested in seeing the entire south-eastern area of Sicily and visiting some of the most important Sicilian Baroque towns. Masseria Cianciò, where you will stay, is set in the countryside of Modica between carob and olive trees, prickly pears, and stone walls. The property has retained its original features, both in the use of building materials and furnishings typical of the farmers’ houses of the last century: stone walls in the rooms, original floors with local materials including stone pitch of Ragusa, Caltagirone ceramics tiles, exposed beams or rods.
To see nearby
- Siracusa with its fascinating historical center Ortigia
- Noto, Modica, Ragusa Ibla and Scicli with their jewels of baroque architecture
- The necropolis of Pantalica
- The archeological site of Cava Ispica
- The Nature Reserve of Vendicari, Pachino, and Capo Passero
- Piazza Armerina and Villa Romana del Casale (UNESCO world heritage)